Long overdue life updates
It’s been a long time since I’ve giving an actual update on our lives, so hear it goes!
Well, there’s only 1 week left of school down here! Robbie will have a few extra teacher work days, but both of them will be finished by Memorial Day weekend. There have been endless end-of-year activities. Isa had her spring preformance at school, where she participated in the recycled fashion show, a stilt club dance, and irish dancing with live music (her best friends dad is a wonderful fiddler, and 2 of the boys in the 6th grade accompanied on guitar). Tomorrow is art and rootbeer float day, and on the 28th she has her trapeze preformance, which is a mad scientist version of Allison in Wonderland.
Depending on the living situation we’re hoping to go on a couple of short camping trips, and day trips. After 3 years here (how’d that happen?), there is still a lot of the state we haven’t visited.
We’ve all been debating on what to do with the first part of the summer, before the big road trip to Maine. Isa has asked to do nothing (I think you all wore her out last summer!). Robbie has been debating a couple of classes and programs to gear up for his master’s program this fall. If I can pull it off, I want to find some volunteer opportunities working with middle and high school kids. I’m going to try to get into the alternative licensure program at Northern next year (the same program Robbie was in last year), but I’d be working towards a secondary license.
In addition to my work, I got back the fitting notes and pictures for Sadie’s wedding dress. Now it’s back to work revising and repatterning so she can be radiant in August!
We decided to pull out of the house we’d been trying to buy in Alcalde. It had dragged on for 5 months, and looked like it would drag on even longer, without any guarantee that we’d be able to convince the bank to do the required work, or the lender to approve the property. We put a bid on a beautiful (already remodeled) little house in Chimayo last Friday. The house has been on the market for 2 years, and we seriously under-cut their asking price, but I’m hoping it will still work out. We should hear today or tomorrow if they accept or counter.
We can’t wait to see you all in August!