I am recovering today from yesterdays 13 hour...

July 22, 2007 by Seraph in Cortez

I am recovering today from yesterdays 13 hour reading marathon. I picked up the final HP book Sat at 12:01am, and after a few hours sleep, proceeded to read until 8:30 last night! I won't give away any of the plot, but I was quite pleased with the ending.
Robbie and Isa were in Eugene getting the book with some old friends.
I want to wish both Mom and Adam happy birthdays. I'm thinking about you all!

Happy belated birthday to you Adam! I hope t...

July 17, 2007 by Seraph in Cortez

Happy belated birthday to you Adam! I hope the change to you new offices is going well. Any natural light?
Work here has been a bit nutty lately. The endless cycle of not quite catching my breath!
It rained in PDX last night, making it hard to get going this morning. It was one of those days were you want to curl up in front of the fire with a good book.
Isa is excited about the prospect of swimming lessons in the rain! She thought it would be funny to get wet in and out of the water.

We had a wonderful weekend by ourselves at Ka...

July 09, 2007 by Robbie in Cortez

We had a wonderful weekend by ourselves at Kah-Nee-Tah resort. My mom came up on Friday and she stayed the weekend with Isabell. Seraph and I left Friday evening and arrived around 8:30. It's really beautiful out there, as we saw wild turkey cross the road a head of us. Dinner anybody! We saw a lot of wild horses roaming the hills and trotting down the road, as we slowed down and watched with awe. When we we arrived, we checked into our room, ventured around the hotel, and headed over to the bar, where they played some truly horrible 80's music. It was so bad, it made us laugh, of course a few rounds of alcohol helped a lot. Can't say it helped when morning came around.

Saturday morning we staggered out of bed, had breakfast headed down to the village, explored a bit and then we went down to Warm Springs and went to the museum there. They have many wonderful displays on Native culture and about the destruction of Celilo Falls. After that we headed back up to our hotel, napped for two hours, and headed to a traditional salmon bake, where they bake the fish on stakes around a fire. Great food, and afterwards the Native children danced for us, with other hotel children joining in and dancing around. We went back to our hotel and decided to go swimming, where we found the wind whipping around us, and the water frozen. After 15 minutes as frozen peguins, we waddled over to the hot tub and de-thawed. Later, we went back to the bar, had ONLY one drink, we went back to our room and read books.

Sunday, we went down to the village to get pedicures, SHHH...don't tell anyone. It felt great, and secretly will have to do that again. After that, we checked out, explored the fish hatchery, ate at Timberline Lodge, and headed home to find a spoiled child, waiting for us. Over all a great weekend!

Older Posts